Myopia Profile

Science Articles.

Learn about the latest scientific research and evidence-based innovations that are guiding decision-making for myopia management in clinical practice.

Our compendium of science reviews and summaries cover key papers, new developments and future possibilities in myopia, with a focus on clinical applications. Browse the latest articles or refine to your interest using the search box. Filter by topic, choose topic combinations, and apply the additional filter to limit your search to article types.

Myopia Control ProductsSee compendium
Article Type
Conference lecture summary Key paper Research paper Research paper abstract
Adult myopia Atropine Axial length Binocular vision Causes of myopia Combination treatment High myopia Mechanisms Myopia control efficacy Ortho-k Pathology and eye health Pre-myopia Soft contact lenses Spectacles Treatment safety Untreated myopia progression Visual performance
Can red light therapy delay myopia onset?This study found lower myopia incidence and no ocular damage in pre-myopic children using repeated red-light therapy over 12 monthsRead Full Article Two years of red light therapy: safety, efficacy and reboundRepeated low-level red light therapy is an efficacious myopia control intervention and also carries a rebound effect. Read Full Article The BAM study: combining 0.01% atropine with soft multifocal contact lensesThis study found that combining 0.01% atropine with soft multifocal contact lenses did not boost myopia control efficacy.Read Full Article Combining atropine and MiSight 1 day: does it work?Atropine 0.01% had similar efficacy alone or in combination with MiSight 1 day in this retrospective study.Read Full Article What factors influence axial length growth in ortho-k wear?This study found lower initial myopia, younger age and parental myopia were correlated with faster eye growth in kids wearing ortho-k. Read Full Article AAO 2023 Latest research updatesWe've curated a collection of the latest research findings from the 2023 American Academy of Optometry (AAO) meeting.Read Full Article The CHAMP study: safety and efficacy of low-dose atropineThe CHAMP study results showed low-dose atropine is safe and effective in slowing myopia progression in children over 3yr period.Read Full Article Myopia control with cylindrical annular refractive element (CARE) spectacle lenses: one year results New lens technology featuring micro-cylinders for myopia control is marked with 1-year clinical data.Read Full Article Is childhood progression related to final adulthood myopia?This study analysed refractive error changes during childhood and the association with myopia severity in adulthood.Read Full Article Does orthokeratology treatment zone influence myopia control?Using a smaller treatment zone size with orthokeratology lenses appears to increase the myopia control effect over 2yrs.Read Full Article How does orthokeratology lens wear impact the tear film?Orthokeratology lens wear in one eye caused no significant tear film changes compared to a non-lens wearing eye.Read Full Article How does being outdoors benefit myopes?This review confirmed that brightness of light exposure is the key beneficial feature of outdoor time in reducing myopia risk.Read Full Article

Enormous thanks to our visionary sponsors

Myopia Profile’s growth into a world leading platform has been made possible through the support of our visionary sponsors, who share our mission to improve children’s vision care worldwide. Click on their logos to learn about how these companies are innovating and developing resources with us to support you in managing your patients with myopia.