Contact Lenses for Kids
- Myopia Profile Academy's intensely practical, three hour online course is designed to increase practitioner knowledge, skills and confidence in fitting children with contact lenses, for any reason - not just myopia control. It is now eligible for continuing education credits in multiple countries.
- Australia: 3 self-recorded learning hours
- New Zealand: 3 general points, activity 50380
- United Kingdom: 3 CET points for Optometrists, Dispensing Opticians and Contact Lens Opticians
- USA/Canada: 3 COPE approved hours, ID 71191-CL.
Contact Lenses for Kids is designed for an international audience, on a topic which is universal to primary eye care. The key inspiration for building this course is to increase confidence in fitting children, aged 12 and under, with contact lenses. Often eye care practitioners express confidence in fitting teenagers and adults with contact lenses, but may be hesitant to fit children. This course provides the knowledge, skills and practical tools to change that.
The foundation to this course is a strong evidence base, with over 80 scientific references included. Where relevant, research outcomes are compared in children to those in teenagers and adults, to demonstrate just how successful, satisfied and safe children can be as contact lens wearers. Practical tools and worksheets are also provided to ensure knowledge can be put into action in the clinical setting.
This course is not just about myopia control - it's about the multitude of how, when and why reasons that children can thrive from contact lens wear, and how to ensure your communication and practice processes are set up for success.
The first module of the course is available for free, and Myopia Profile Academy aims to increase accessibility to eye care practitioners right across the world through providing accessibility pricing for those from lower income regions. More information can be found on the course page.